Technical Sales Person/Proposals Engineer
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Helping customers to find the right solutions to their requirements and developing clear and accurate proposals based upon these solutions from start to finish.
● Discussing customer requirements and assisting with all aspects of the sales process from quote generation to customer meetings and order processing.
● Generating new sales opportunities
● Generating sales handover documentation in preparation for orders to be handed to the project management teams.
● Visit customers onsite for sales visit and post sales care both nationally and occasionally internationally.
● Authoring and delivering occasional technical presentations for industry events.
● Attending industry events (beer festivals, industry dinners, presentations and exhibitions) representing the company and building relationships with customers.
● Liaise internally with engineers, commissioning brewers & project managers to hand over projects from the order to design phase.
● Liaise with contractors and secondary suppliers so that we can provide a turnkey proposal.
● Working in a lively and at times challenging environment so you’ll take multitasking in your stride and will enjoy balancing admin tasks, events, relationship building and sales – there’s never a dull moment!
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
● The customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so you’ll be passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
● Ideally you’ll have at least two years experience working within either a brewery, dairy, distillery or supply chain role.
● You’ll have a good understanding of process systems and technology – Experience around the brewing, dairy, and/or distilling industry will be advantageous.
● You’ll be friendly and approachable, happy to assist customers, and colleagues wherever you can.
● Degree level engineering based education in either a mechanical or process vocation would be beneficial or industry based experience to a similar level.
● Strong organisational and record keeping skills.
● Most importantly of all, you’ll be someone who can respect, encourage, and connect with the
people you work with and our customers.
● Our main area of business is within the brewing industry – specifically the ‘craft’ brewing sector so an interest and understanding would be beneficial – but not essential.
● Confident working with computers, including an extensive knowledge of the Microsoft or Google suite of products, or a willingness to complete training in order to achieve such knowledge.
● A basic level ability to use Auto-cad or similar to assist in layout proposals.
● An ability to prioritise and multitask.
● Have an understanding of the deadlines facing not only yourself, but the team as a whole; maintain flexibility in order to meet deadlines when required.
● A motivation to develop a passion for the company, its mission, and the team.
● A team player with enthusiasm, optimism and a cheery disposition.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
● Full UK drivers licence.
● Degree level education or industry qualifications/experience to a similar level.
● Valid Passport
● Right to work and reside in the UK
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Technical salesperson – Application
Download the full job spec here – Technical sales – Job role.