About SSV Limited
Stainless Steel Vessels Limited (SSV Limited) design and supply Brewhouses, process vessels, and pipework to the beverage industry. We also offer a wide range of products including pumps, valves, and fittings all available on our newly launched webshop. With well over 1600 tanks and 15 Brewhouse installed since 2014, we provide unrivalled value and customer service to meet the needs of all drinks manufacturing related businesses. We are uniquely positioned to be able to provide equipment from 10HL all the way up to 20,000HL to all sectors of the market from brewing, pharmaceutical, dairy and distilling.
The business has been growing at a phenomenal rate over the past 5 years and as such we are looking for an exceedingly organised and professional individual, with high attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, to work within a growing team of vibrant, creative, and focused individuals. The ideal candidate will have a positive, friendly and professional attitude and take pride in their work. Our team has grown rapidly in recent years due to the expansion of the company. We are now looking to further support the continuing fast growth seen within the group by expanding our head office team. The HR and office manager will be responsible for ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and will successfully support, and add maximum value to all of our business activities helping to deliver the business’s key strategic aims.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES HUMAN RESOURCES DUTIES
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll runs
- Collating and processing payroll data from a number of sites for review
- Dealing with site managers to eliminate queries on payroll data
- Dealing with employees on payslip queries arising
- Maintaining absence records
- Maintaining maternity and paternity records
- Processing new starters and right to work documents
- Processing leavers and preparing P45 notices
- Performing the payroll year end and distributing P60 notices
- Attending internal and external payroll training sessions as required
- Working with the finance team to reconcile the company pension fund
PREPARING AND MAINTAINING HR RECORDS
- Preparing draft contracts for review.
- Ensuring employee files are up to date and accurate; both electronic and physical.
- Archiving historical employee files and destroying old files.
- Update HR logs to document HR actions.
- Managing the holiday calendar.
- Creating draft company policy documents for review.
TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE
- Act as the HR champion for all management and team members
- Aid in head office and management team induction; e.g. welcome emails and starter packs packs
- Hold disciplinary meetings and investigations and prepare feedback notes for the operations manager
- Arrange appraisal dates
- Prepare appraisal notes and distribute completed appraisal notes
- Attending internal and external HR training sessions as required
- Guide managers in developing their teams and hold HR training (e.g. disciplinary procedure), with a refresher on an annual basis
- Arranging quarterly meetings for site managers and the head office team; ensuring location, content and materials are relevant and exciting
- Support the operations and training team in developing training and induction packs; ensure that these always remain relevant
- Alongside the operations team, ensure the culture, vision and mission of SSV Limited is championed by all team members
REWARD AND REMUNERATION
- Assist operations and financial teams in ensuring pay scales and bonus structures stay relevant and motivational
- Maintain an awareness of wage cost percentages across our teams
- Assist the financial team in the production of a motivational benefits package and related promotional material
- Develop and post job adverts
- Distribute job descriptions to applicants
- Arrange and conduct interviews alongside team managers
- Collate CVs and notify candidates of outcomes
- Prepare offers of employment for review
- Manage recruitment costs and salary offers within budgets set by the finance team
- Manage recruitment on all job boards, company websites and social media platforms
LEGISLATION AND COMPLIANCE
- Maintain an up to date awareness and knowledge of employment legislation
- Ensure that the company processes are compliant with current legislation
- Communicate legislative changes well in advance, to the relevant team members, and provide suggestions for any subsequent changes required to processes
OFFICE MANAGER DUTIES
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- The duties listed above require an office manager with relevant experience or transferable skills. All of the following skills are required for this role and the successful applicant will show evidence, or provide examples, of the following:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; including clear spoken and written English, an understanding of the importance of spelling and grammar, an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with people at various levels within the company and with external parties
- Confident working with computers, including an extensive knowledge of the Google suite of products, or a willingness to attend training in order to achieve such knowledge.
- A strong desire for accuracy and high levels of attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Phenomenal organisation skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to prioritise and multi-task
- An understanding of data protection requirements, confidentiality and how to deal with sensitive information
- Willingness to take on complex and challenging tasks, even those that may seem daunting at first, and to use problem solving skills to generate solutions
- An ability to ask when help is needed, follow instructions when given and react positively to developmental feedback
- Have an understanding of the deadlines facing not only yourself, but the team as a whole; maintain flexibility in order to meet deadlines when required
- A motivation to develop a passion for the company, its mission and the team.
- A team player with enthusiasm, optimism and a cheery disposition
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- The candidate should be hoping to obtain their CIPD qualification and may even already be qualified to CIPD level 5 or above.
- Relevant work experience is essential in managing a fast paced and growing office environment bringing in structures and procedures required for the business to expand and scale.
- The ideal candidate will be looking to take on further study, with the long-term goal of moving in to a company director role.
- The salary is based upon a five-day Monday to Friday working week, working eight hours per day.
- The successful applicant will receive 28 days holiday, including statutory holidays.
- The company runs an annual bonus scheme and also offers auto enrolment pension contributions over and above the minimum requirement.
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your C.V. to email@example.comApply Now