ABOUT SSV LIMITED
Stainless Steel Vessels Limited (SSV Limited) design and supply Brewhouses, process vessels, and pipework to the beverage industry. We also offer a wide range of products including pumps, valves, and fittings all available on our newly launched webshop. With well over 1600 tanks and 15 Brewhouse installed since 2014, we provide unrivalled value and customer service to meet the needs of all drinks manufacturing related businesses. We are uniquely positioned to be able to provide equipment from 10HL all the way up to 20,000HL to all sectors of the market from brewing, pharmaceutical, dairy and distilling.
The business has been growing at a phenomenal rate over the past 5 years. As such, we are looking to move our accountancy functions inhouse having used an external consultancy over the past 5 years. Initially the role will be to work alongside the external consultancy to ensure continuity in business operations but over time the expectation would be that you will develop and build your own team to bring all but auditing functions inhouse with the pay scale increasing to reflect the additional responsibilities over time.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Manage any future financial assistants by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintain financial security by creating and following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Compile with international, national, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Compile and manage all financial aspects of the business from payroll, cash flow, balance sheet reporting. MANAGEMENT
- As the role and company expands you will work with the HR manager to expand the finance team and manage finance/accounts assistants.
- You will help to develop job roles and responsibilities
- Assist with fiance staff performance reviews, interviews and disciplinary meetings.
EXPERIENCE & ABOUT YOU
- Ability to compile and create detailed reports to show the Directors how the business is performing inline with key strategic targets.
- Experience of creating monthly management accounts and information packs to allow the directors to closely monitor company performance.
- Prepare end of year accounts and quarterly VAT returns
- Confident working with computers, including an extensive knowledge of the Google suite of products, or a willingness to attend training in order to achieve such knowledge.
- A strong desire for accuracy and high levels of attention to detail, even when under pressure
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to prioritise and multitask ensuring that the business finance needs are continually met.
- An understanding of data protection requirements, confidentiality and how to deal with sensitive information
- Willingness to take on complex and challenging tasks, even those that may seem daunting at first, and to use problem solving skills to generate solutions
- An ability to ask when help is needed, follow instructions when given and react positively to developmental feedback
- Have an understanding of the deadlines facing not only yourself, but the team as a whole; maintain flexibility in order to meet deadlines when required
- A motivation to develop a passion for the company, its mission and the team.
- A team player with enthusiasm, optimism and a cheery disposition
- Self starter and willingness to work hard towards team objectives
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Relevant work experience is essential in fulfilling an accountancy role in a fast paced and expanding business. Ideally with an understanding of importation and manufacturing business.
- You will have worked within a similar business developing and ensuring correct following of standardised processes across accounts functions
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or AAT qualified with substantial experience)
- Xero Certified or experience with Xero is essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets skills
- The salary is based upon a five-day Monday to Friday working week, working eight hours per day.
- The successful applicant will receive 28 days holiday, including statutory holidays.
- The company runs an annual bonus scheme and also offers auto enrolment pension contributions over and above the minimum requirement.
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your C.V. to email@example.comApply Now