About SSV Limited
Stainless Steel Vessels Limited (SSV Limited) design and supply Brewhouses, process vessels, and pipework to the beverage industry. We also offer a wide range of products including pumps, valves, and fittings all available on our newly launched webshop.
With well over 1600 tanks and 15 Brewhouse installed since 2014, we provide unrivalled value and customer service to meet the needs of all drinks manufacturing related businesses. We are uniquely positioned to be able to provide equipment from 10HL all the way up to 20,000HL to all sectors of the market from brewing, pharmaceutical, dairy and distilling.
The business has grow at a phenomenal rate over the past 5 years and as such we are looking for an exceedingly organised and professional individual, with high attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, to work within a growing team of vibrant, creative, and focused individuals. The ideal candidate will have a positive, friendly and professional attitude and take pride in their work. Our team has grown rapidly in recent years due to the expansion of the company. We are now looking to further support the continuing fast growth seen within the group by expanding our projects team. The role of a commissioning brewer / project lead is integral to all aspects of our brew-bloc brewhouse projects from helping customers to correctly specify and design their systems to being there with them to commission it once the project is moving into completion and everything in between. Working with our existing projects and brewing team you will help to ensure we are providing the best service in the industry to our customers and equally that they are receiving the best brewing equipment to suit their unique requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At times SSV is asked to provide temporary brewing cover / support in cases of sickness, absence or transition within customers organisations. We offer this service as a benefit to using SSV limited to ensure our customers business activities are not adversely affected in unforeseen circumstances
- Temporary cover during staff transition or sickness.
- Brewing cover at SSV sites around the UK on a variety of brewhouse styles.
- Wort production to a high standard according to customer specifications.
Our customers will regularly ask for advice surrounding all aspects of their process’ and how to revise them to best optimise them to suit their new equipment. Within this role you will gain a large and holistic understanding of our equipment, and multiple breweries methods and solutions to completing process’. As part of our customer assistance you will share this knowledge and adjust it to suit particular customers requirements
- Recipe development
- Process development & optimisation.
- Brewhouse troubleshooting
- Advise on downstream processing.
Part of this role will be to aid the sales team from the initial enquiry. Ensuring you understand the customers requirements form a brewers perspective and that the sales team are always providing the best and most suitable solution to ensure the customers requirements are always exceeded.
- Helping the sales team with technical queries
- Providing a brewers perspective on sales
- Advising on suitability of equipment and extras to specific processes.
- Equipment troubleshooting to existing customers.
As the brewing lead you will be by the customer’s side throughout the process and manage both their expectations and their change requests ensuring everything is running smoothly in the background.
- Establishing and understanding the scope of any given project.
- Assist customers and design teams to select and design the best equipment for the job.
- Interpret the customer’s requirements to the factory.
- Point of contact for the customer and factory.
- Liaise with SSV internal teams with regard to mechanical and electrical installations
- Liaise with external contractors, e.g. lifting and moving.
- Aiding engineers onsite in commissioning
- Commissioning plant
- Training customers in plant use.
- Delivering projects in a timely, cost efficient fashion to the expected standards.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You will have extensive knowledge of the brewing process, industry and all that it entails
- You will have been in a senior brewing position at a brewery producing 5000HL/pa+
- You will have been working within brewing for 5 years or more and have an understanding of the different types of brewhouse and brewing equipment available and the effects to the brewing process the different types of equipment create.
- You will have experience managing teams to ensure you achieve the desired results and will be proficient at managing and organising a multitude of tasks.
- You will be proficient at using IT equipment and a standard suite of software to create reports, emails, updates and communications between colleagues and customers.
- You will have a passion for brewing and a real understanding of the craft brewing sector. An understanding of what is required from a service and process point of view to help our clients achieve their often ambitious growth targets.
- You will be able to assist our product design, and development teams from a brewers perspective in designing a continual range of new products designed to aid the brewing sector as a whole with a particular focus on the ‘craft’ sector.
- You will have built up a reputation as an excellent brewer within the industry and have a network of colleagues, suppliers and peers from within the industry.
- You will be happy to attend industry functions and events from beer festivals, networking dinners, exhibitions, trade talks.
- You will be happy with a level of foreign travel from visiting suppliers and customers across Europe to joining customers at our manufacturing facility in China to carry out pre delivery inspections on their brand new equipment that you helped to design and manage.
- You will be happy to impart your knowledge throughout the company helping to train our upcoming sales teams, project assistants, trainees and from time to time, the owner, Sam!
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Minimum of 5 years experience working at a senior level in a brewing capacity as a lead brewer, head brewer.
- Ideally you will have some formal brewing qualifications, but for the right candidate these aren’t strictly necessary.
- Full and valid UK driving license
- A thorough understanding of health and safety risks and methods of avoiding them within a brewing environment
- We will also provide the opportunity to complete any further training and qualifications relevant to your role.
- For this role we will offer a salary of £33,995+ depending on experience.
- A company car – Ford ranger pick up truck
- Fuel card
- Company credit card
- 5% company pension scheme contributions
- The salary is based upon a five-day Monday to Friday 37.5hr working week, 08:30 – 17:00. Within this role there is room for flexibility around the specific hours to suit the right candidates requirements.
- The successful applicant will receive 25 days holiday, including statutory holidays.
- The company runs an annual bonus scheme and also offers auto enrolment pension contributions over and above the minimum requirement.
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your C.V. to email@example.com
SSV Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, gender identities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence